– For branding projects, not much! You should already know your business name and your products should already be created or be in the process of being created.
– For website projects, you should have branding completely done and ideally photography done before we start.
– Branding should include: main logo design, 1 logo alternate (an alternate layout or color) and branding guidelines that outline how we should use your colors and fonts. If you do not have this, we can provide this service for an extra fee. If you do not have complete branding, we will not be able to create a website for you.
– Photography should include: main e-commerce images for all products, lifestyle images for all products, and lifestyle images to use as banners and elsewhere on the site.
– We understand that sometimes there are delays with product photography due to products still being in production. If you do not have product photos done, we ask that this is something you schedule ASAP once you start your project with us to ensure we can adhere to our project timeline.
We would love to start on all projects as soon as you book, however our availability varies depending on other projects that are already going on and the scope of your specific project. We recommend reaching out to us at least 1-3 months in advance of your ideal launch date in order to ensure we finish your project on time for you! Please mention any specific launch dates you have in mind on our client application form.
We specialize in Shopify! In general, we’ve found Shopify to be the best all around platform for e-commerce sites due to its functionality for managing orders, inventory, shipping, and so much more. If you’re project requires a lot of custom non-product pages (like informational pages, about pages, or a complex blog), we may recommend another platform or solution.
– Every project is different, so we always do our best to scope out your entire project through our initial conversations and sales call. Once we have defined the scope of your project, we’ll send you a custom proposal for your project. We are always able to provide the most value through our fully bespoke solutions and do our best to give custom quotes that fully take care of our client’s needs. If you have any questions about your initial quote, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to tailor quotes to make sure they best fit your needs and where your business is at.
– Once you book your project, we’ll do an initial Project Strategy Call with you where we’ll dive deep into your business and specific requests and needs for your project. Occasionally this uncovers additional features or requests that are outside the current scope of work. If this is the case, we’ll outline all additional costs and features after your kick-off call.
– We also find that client’s often get lots of ideas for new features or requests throughout a project. We’re happy to provide a quote for any additional features or requests at any point throughout your project.
Yes! We know how important it is in e-commerce to be conscious of your cashflow. We take an initial project deposit when you book your project to reserve your spot in our calendar. From there, we split all project payments up into smaller payments spread out along your estimated project timeline.
– If only it were that simple! The term “Templates” should be used with Shopify very lightly. Shopify is unlike every other web design platform in that it’s not drag-and-drop and their templates are not very customizable. While you can create a simple site quickly and easily with just a template, it gets harder to use the second you want to change the look of the template, add apps, or truly customize it in any way.
– Most of our sites are built off of templates and then further customized to meet your needs. We find that templates offer a great starting point, especially when it comes to overall site architecture and built-in mobile responsiveness. But in most cases, we do a lot of customization to the Shopify template in order to create a well designed, unique-to-you website. With all custom quotes, we build in budget to accommodate all the custom development we need to create your truly bespoke site.
– We do offer template-only design solutions in some circumstances. We typically only recommend this option if your budget is extremely limited and/or if you don’t need many extra apps or features for your site. In general though, all templates need some level of customization to achieve what you want with out a bunch of extra apps slowing your site down.
– We want to make sure you are fully supported from start to finish with your website project! Once we transfer your site to you, we offer 14 days of post-project support to make sure we are available to help with any further questions or the rare occasion when something breaks and needs fixing.
– If you will be launching your website later than this 14 day window, we instead offer 7 days of post project support and 3 days of Launch Support. The 3 days of Launch Support covers you for one day before launch, the day of launch, and the day after launch.
– We provide resources and custom training materials to all of our clients to ensure a smooth handoff when we finish your site. We encourage all clients to go through all of our resources within the post-project support time period to fully maximize the time you have available to us.
– Post-project support only covers changes or fixes within the current scope of work. If you have additional requests, changes, or something that breaks after your post-project support, we can provide additional support at either a fixed quote or our current hourly rate.
Yes! We provide custom training videos for every project to go over unique aspects of your website. We do our best to fully equip you with everything you need to be able to manage your website well.
Yes! We offer various consulting services to get you started, including Website Audits and general consulting calls.
– We create custom quotes for all clients to make sure we can best take care of your needs and best help you reach your goals. We will determine exactly what is included in your project through our initial conversations and calls to make sure everything is accounted for. Your quote will cover an agreed upon amount of specific features, apps, products, pages, and custom development time needed to complete your project.
– We know that the branding and web design processes are very creative and that many ideas are sparked once you start to see your new brand and website come together. Because we create custom quotes tailored to your needs at the start, any additional feature requests, apps, products, pages, or custom development outside the original agreed upon scope of work will be quoted for separately.